The Christian Hospitality Blog

Formerly the Irreverant Reverend Blog, the focus of this blog has been changed to ideas for promoting Christian Hospitality.

Monday, April 02, 2007

New Life

Several months back I blogged about The Rev. Terry Ryan, a local pastor in my own denomination who needed a kidney transplant due to a congenital problem. I am happy to report that Terry received his long hoped for kidney last week. The kidney is working, the donor is recovering nicely, and it appears that there is every reason to be hopeful and even joyful, although Terry is still in a lot of pain and requesting prayers for an end to pain and a full and speedy recovery for himself and his donor.

I'm not exactly a fan of Marianne Williamson, but sometimes her prayers hit just the right note for me. This healing prayer of hers really inspired me, and I hope it inspires you, whatever healing you need right now.

Dear God,
Be my redeemer, my internal teacher, my divine physician.
Thank You for Your presence in my life.
I surrender to You all I am, all I think, all I feel, and all I have.
I recognize in this moment that Yours is the power to heal and make whole.
You who have the power to work miracles, You who rule time and space, please take me in Your arms and hold me.
Dear Lord, please lift me up and heal me.
Cast out of my mind all thoughts that are not of You.
Cast out of me all harsh and critical nature.
Cast out of me all violence and all anger.
Cast out of me all demons from my past.
For I would be made new.
I wish to walk so close to You that we might be as one.
I ask for new life, new mind, new body, new spirit.
Dear God, please come into me and release me from this pain.
Amen.

Labels: , ,